Meme from sartorias
Reading everyone's entries for the "Ten Things I've Done that You Probably Haven't (and if you have, do tell!)" meme has made me feel boring, especially as I tried to come up with 10 things of my own and have realized that while, admittedly, I have done some curious things while growing-up or in college, lately I haven't done anything especially unique. Must try to change this.
1. Won a trophy at a polo tournament.
2. Had a dwarf octopus or two llamas as a pet. (I am not bothering to list all the more mundane animals, like angora rabbits, mohair goats, horses, cats, dogs, ferrets, chickens, pheasants, canaries, and innumerable psittacines.)
3. Driven to the supermarket in a cart pulled by a goat. (I've also dashed through the snow in a one-horse open sleigh, but that's much more common.) ((Our rottweiler was also able to pull the goat-cart, but we never went farther than the end of the road with him in the traces.))
4. Learned to dance flamenco from a gypsy in Granada.
5. Been translated into Esperanto.
6. Seen Marion Zimmer Bradley naked.
7. Journeyed across Europe with two turtles as my only constant traveling companions.
8. Been "reunited" with (and have since maintained an ongoing close friendship with) the person born two hours after me in the same hospital in NYC where I was born (and where, incidentally, my mother was also born; her mother, while also born in NYC, was orphaned as a child and we don't know where, exactly, my grandmother was born).
9. Blown glass.
10. Created a word that, while not entering general parlance, has been picked up and used by numerous other people not in the context of anything referring to the eponymous book (PoMoSexuals).